Yulee United Methodist Food Pantry is Now Open
We opened our food pantry with a drive through out side in our parking lot. We took the names of each person as they entered the lot and then they drove to the tables at the end of the lot and we put the groceries in the truck of the car. Currently, we plan to serve 50 families a week. A big thank you goes to David Anstine, Patsy Troxell and Gina Kelliher for organizing the teams to make this possible. We thank God for allowing our church to feed those in need. We will be serving each Wednesday from 10 am to Noon.
Dear Members and Friends of Yulee United Methodist Church.
Thank You for your patience during this time of sequestering and being away from on-site worship. I pray that everyone is doing well.
The Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church, along with the CDC, The State of Florida, and Nassau County, have all provided guidelines for churches to implement In-Person worship and ministry during this time. By following these guidelines we can hold on-site worship.
Our local YUMC Task Force has been working hard to prepare for safe on-site worship. By using the social distancing guidelines of 6 feet between households, we have calculated that our sanctuary space will only provide approx 30 households per worship. This number does not include Worship Leaders or Worship Servants.
Please read over the guidelines below that we must follow. If you do not feel well, please do not come to worship. Let us know so we can put you on our prayer list.
Each Household must reserve a place in worship.
Entering the Yulee United Methodist Church Building.
1. Everyone will enter the front doors, go to the sanctuary
through the fellowship hall, and exit the Sanctuary by the
Southeast door at the front of the sanctuary when worship is over.
2. Bathrooms are available; please follow the guidelines in the bathrooms.
3. Please wear masks as you enter the building and keep masks on at all times.
4. Maintain a 6-foot social distance between households.
5. 2 Greeters will check off or record names of households in
attendance. Welcome folders will be given to newcomers.
6. The front doors will remain open until worship begins.
Proceeding to the Sanctuary.
1, There will be no chairs or tables set up in the fellowship hall. All people are to go directly to the sanctuary.
2. There will be no coffee or other beverages available or any items to be eaten.
3. 2 ushers will hand out bulletins and receive your pre printed prayer requests to be given to the pastor . All items for worship will be in the bulletin. Example, words for prayers, words for hymns. No items will be in the back of the pews. All Bibles, sign-in sheets, hymnals, or writing utensils will have been removed. We invite you to bring your own Bible to service.
4. Pews will be clearly marked to show which ones can be sat in to maintain six foot distancing.
5. Ushers will direct households to seats
6. On Communion Sundays ushers will hand out pre-packaged communion cup/wafers.
Exiting the Building
1.Everyone will go out the Southeast Door of the Sanctuary
No one is to leave by
going through the Fellowship Hall to the main doors.
2. At the end of the Saturday Night Worship a team of four will disinfect the sanctuary in preparation for Sunday Morning worship.
Thank you again for being patient during this time. All of these guidelines are designed to prevent germ sharing and keep everyone healthy.
We will record the Saturday Night worship to be viewed on our web site at Yuleeunitedmethodistchurch.comif you are unable or don’t feel comfortable attending in person. Click on Bulletin, then click on the icon to open the copy of the bulletin, and click on Video to find and click on the worship Video to view.
May God’s Grace and Peace be with you.
Pastor Charlie Sward
86003 Christian Way Yulee, Florida 32097, United States
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
06:30 pm – 07:30 pm
11:00 am – 12:00 pm