In 1831 a Methodist Church was started in what is now Yulee, using Circuit Riders as ministers.
The church met at a location on the old Harts Road, named for Isaiah D. Hart; who asked congress in 1839 to build a road from Jacksonville to St. Marys, GA.
That road is now US Highway 17.
In 1850 David Yulee constructed and began the Florida Railroad, which ran from Fernandina Beach to Tampa, FL, with a branch to Cedar Key Florida.
Our community took it’s name from David Yulee.
Services continued on Hart Road until land was purchased east of U.S. 17 on A1A/200. In 1923, under the leadership of Rev. L.P. Driskell, Yulee Methodist Church constructed a new church building.
Seventy years later, in 1993, under the leadership of Rev. Chester Plank, a new church building was constructed at 86003 Christian Way, at the corner of A1A/200. This building was expanded in 1998, adding a new sanctuary, using the old sanctuary as the Fellowship Hall. Services continue at this location today.
On August 4, 2016, a tornado ripped through Yulee. Damage was done to the church roof, our Food Pantry shed, and we lost over 30 trees.
With God’s grace, no one was present at the church during the tornado. Repairs were done, replacements put in place, and services continue!